Episode number five already, wow we really are flying through them and today we are joined by the amazing Amy Kean self-professed cult leader and sociologist. She is also the co-founder of the DICE charter, Columnist for Shots Creative and Maker of The Little Girl Who Gave Zero Fucks & poetry collection, House of Weeds. Now that’s a woman with talent.
On this episode Amy will be talking to Paul about the DICE charter and the importance of Diversity in Events and Conferences, how blooming brilliant MarketEd.Live is and why she is often mistaken for the diversity police. PLUS, she will be trying to convince Paul that we need a coal walk at MarketEd.Live 2021.
What you will learn?
- What a ‘Mannel’ is.
- What DICE is.
- How and why DICE was started.
- How diversity is so much more than just race and gender.
- How the DICE process helped MarketEd.Live.
- Why we got our sessions captioned.
- Myth-busting: Why DICE is not the diversity police.
- Why there could be hot coals at MarketEd.Live 2021.
- Why class isn’t involved in the equality act but is included in DICE.
- Why you should be paying for your speakers travel expenses at the very least.
- Whether sponsors should be included in the DICE charter.
- Why the double Barry is a bad thing.
- What’s next for DICE and their plans to banish the Mannel.
- Amy and Paul’s warning to the non-inclusives.
Resources mentioned in this episode.
- Amy’s Column
- Change Consultancy
- Little Girl who gave 0 fucks
- House of Weeds
- Jordie Wildin MarketEd.Live 2019 Session
- Tony Robbins
- Nigel Farage Campaign Mag
- 2010 Equality Act
If you want to connect with Amy then you are best to send her a message on her socials. You can send her a message on Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram to find out about all things DICE, her books or her columns.