Welcome back to Season 3 of the MarketEd Not Live podcast and this week we are joined by a very good friend of the show, the magnificent Mr Tim Elliott.
Tim has many strings to his bow, he helps leaders and entrepreneurs to get creative to grow their business, a start-up mentor, an entrepreneur in residence, a lecturer and very recently he has joined the world of podcast.
Now, all our eagle-eyed, or perhaps more fittingly bat-eared listeners, this isn’t Tim’s first time on the podcast and he is back to talk all things creativity ahead of his performance at MarketEd Live 2021 with his good pal, Tim Chapman.
What you will learn…
- How to become more creative.
- What creativity actually means.
- How to come up with creative ideas
- How to rethink creativity.
- Tim’s Journey from nightclub promotion and marketing to clothing shops, brands and agencies and becoming a teacher and not a doer.
- Why creativity is so important in marketing.
- How technology has made it too easy for us to just put something out there without really thinking about it.
- The 4 C’s of marketing.
- How to teach creativity.
- The importance of diverse and cross-functional marketing teams, involving all areas of the business.
- How to unleash your creativity.
- The importance of teaching and developing within an organisation to facilitate creativity better.
- How marketers have adapted creativity during the pandemic.
- Why brainstorming is a bad idea and the need to banish “yes, but’ers”
- The one more rule.
- The concept of being brave.
Resources mentioned in this episode…
- Creative Mornings Derby
- The RE of Marketing Podcast
- The RE of Marketing Bites
- Tim and Paul’s Strategy Sessions
- Tim’s last appearance on MarketEd Not Live
- Mark Ritson Effes
- Thomas Barta
If you would like to get in touch with either Tim then the best place to do that is on his social channels.
You can find Tim on Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram where he will be more than happy to answer any and all questions you have on marketing and creativity, even if he is a self-professed grumpy old man.