Hello and a very warm welcome to season three of the MarketEd NOT Live podcast!
On our first episode, we are speaking to the wonderful Amir Bazrafshan of ApricotBox and Apricot Video Marketing.
As well as running his own agency and start-up, Amir teaches freelancers and small agencies how to do better marketing. Amir is also a coach Seth Godin’s altMBA, impressive. In this episode, Amir will be talking all things video, how to make them better and how to know when and where to use them. Plus there are also some dogs barking, because, you know COVID, so we have recorded these sessions remotely and life just happens.
What you will learn…
- How to generate trust from your audience through the power of video.
- Why video is not only important but powerful when used correctly.
- What is behavioural economics and how you can use it to make your videos have more impact.
- How to overcome consumer bias with your videos.
- The art of persuasion in the age of video.
- How you can use empathy to better understand your audience and create a video that fits their needs and desires.
- Which types of video to use and where.
Resources mentioned in this episode…
- Thinking fast and slow by Daniel Kahneman
- The courage to be disliked by Ichiro Kishimi and Fumitake Koga
- Against Empathy by Paul Bloom
- Reach Solutions- Empathy Delusions
- Seth Godin
- Mark Ritson
- Rory Sutherland
- David Ogilvy
- Jerry Dakin
- Apricot Video Marketing
- Apricot Box
The best way to get a hold of Amir is through his social channels. On Twitter his handle is @Apricot_Amir, his Instagram handle is @apricotamir and if you want to be super-duper professional, here is his LinkedIn too, Amir Bazrafshan.