We’re sprinting through our series of MarketEd NOT Live podcasts, so it’s quite apt that, for our eighth episode, we are talking to Master Design Sprint facilitator Lindsey Newman-Wood. Lindsey is also the Chief Passion Officer of Passion Marketing, as well as a gin-loving rockstar mom who is well-known for her no-nonsense, fun and engaging seminars. Here, Lindsey tells us all about the concept of design sprints and how they can be of benefit to the marketing world.
What you will learn from this episode:
- What exactly a passion officer is, and how it’s not as sordid as it sounds
- How a lightbulb moment led to Lindsey finding out more about design sprints and, ultimately, becoming “the thing she wanted to do”
- How design sprints can help prevent your project from taking too long, or can bring a brilliant idea to fruition in a much quicker way
- How design sprints take the best of systems such as scrum project management and bring them all together in a streamlined way
- What type of businesses may be ready to embark on a design sprint
- How we can apply design sprints to marketing, especially for campaigns and how it might work
- How a design sprint led to the creation of a robot that delivered room service to your hotel room – without freaking out the guests!
- What happens after a design sprint and where you go from there
- Why design sprints are “the future”
- Why the youngest, most inexperienced members of your staff could be the ones with the best ideas
- Why Berlin-based company AJ&Smart are really catching the eye in marketing right now
- Why MarketEd.Live 2019 will not only be a fun day out, but will leave you with loads of ideas and itching to get back to the office to try out some of the things you learned
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Lindsey is always open to a coffee and a chat about design sprints. If you’d like to connect with her, you can find Lindsey on LinkedIn, on Twitter and on Instagram, or you can email her here. Just don’t look for her on Snapchat – she tried it but couldn’t quite get her head around it!