The bar has been well and truly raised in this fifth episode of MarketEd NOT Live. We talk to the “oddly charitable” duo of Rob Temple & Kennedy, who are founders of ResponseSuite and hosts of 3 Marketers Walk Into A Podcast. They’re also entertainers, and they’ll be bringing their show to MarketEd.Live this year. Rob is a hypnotist and Kennedy is a mind reader, so you can already see this is going to be a podcast with a difference. So much so that, as well as talking about segmentation, surveys and email campaigns, they’ve also craftily slipped in a “secret topic” which they hope you keen-eared listeners will pick up on. A little more about that later. Enjoy!
What you will learn from this episode:
- Why selling is becoming more difficult and acquiring new customers is more expensive, and how segmentation can help combat both those problems
- Is it really true that the No.1 reason why people unsubscribe from your email list is because they are receiving too many emails? Or is the real reason because we receive too many irrelevant emails?
- Why it’s fine to have thousands of followers on Instagram or Facebook or wherever, but the real value is when you have their email addresses – you own the data
- Where is email marketing going in the future, and will artificial intelligence play a bigger role?
- Why, after listening to this podcast, you’re going to go and check your internet banking and see exactly what Rob and Kennedy mean about user experience
- Why we don’t consume content in the way we used to – remember running home from school to make sure you didn’t miss that certain programme? Nobody does that anymore
- What you should be asking in your surveys. And how often you should be asking it. It’s all about focusing on your single objective
- Why it’s important for people to click, not think
- Rob and Kennedy’s intriguing backstory, from mind reading and hypnotism and being “closet preneurs” to where they are now
- Why Todd Brown is killing it in marketing right now, as is Janet Brown (and she has great hair)
- How, if you see Rob & Kennedy at MarketEd.Live 2019, you will leave with a complete campaign on how to utilise segmentation in a thoroughly practical way
- How, if you can decipher what the “secret topic” is, you could be in line for a lovely “prize”. All you have to do is tweet Rob & Kennedy @ResponseSuite with the answer. Hint: it’s nothing to do with farmyard animals or restaurants
Resources mentioned in this episode:
If you want to connect with Rob & Kennedy, they say the best way is to buy a ticket for MarketEd.Live 2019 and meet them in person – they’d love you to do that. Or, you can go here and sign up to a free 14-day trial for ResponseSuite where you’ll get a four-part video programme called the Survey Marketing Masterclass, as well as a free one-on-one call with either Rob or Kennedy. Happy days 😊